To be responsible for the general upkeep of the yard and to maintain and ensure all vehicles are presented in a professional, customer focused display. Vehicle security is paramount. A key part of your role will also require you to ensure all members of staff/visitors adhere to Health and Safety procedures whilst on site.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Appraising of vehicles on arrival on site
- Ensure vehicle yard is kept tidy and is clearly demarcated.
- Compliance with all Health & Safety requirements
- Maintain good communication with all sales personnel with regards to vehicle preparation in a timely manner
- Notify Manager of all/any damage and defects prior to cleaning
- To contribute positively and effectively to achieving Van Monster targets
- Clean and valet all external and internal areas of vehicles to Van Monster standards as set by the Head of Sales – Van Monster.
- Ensure all vehicles are pitched correctly in yards and that they are secure
- Brand the vehicle in accordance with directions as indicated by the Head of Sales – Van Monster.
- To enhance the company’s reputation for outstanding professional service through high standards of housekeeping, personal behaviour, presentation and image.
- Assisting in the delivery and collection of vehicles for customers / stock control as required
- Ensure all appraisal paperwork is in a good and accurate format
- Compliance with all Van Monster standards, policies and procedures
- Undertake all duties and tasks as directed from Branch Manager
Customer Service / Sales
Ensure all customer experiences are positive and that all customer interactions are handled in a timely and professional manner delivering the company aim of being the first choice destination for customers in our markets. This includes:
- All test drives must be carried out in a professional manner
- Every customer complaint must be directed to the Customer Care team.
Branch ownership of asset management including maximisation of vehicles available for sale
- Maximise the number of vehicles ready for sale
- Fleet balancing - ensure the right vehicles by type and number are on site to service the demand.
- Adhering to production repairs instruction
- Fleet audits
Be accountable for the presentation, maintenance and security of the site including:
- Maintenance & repair
- Health, Safety & environment
- Retail site presentation and housekeeping standards
- Signage & use of marketing materials
Safety, Health & Environment
Work collaboratively with the Area Safety & Environmental advisor to establish a robust health, safety and environmental culture with absolute compliance to regulations including:
- Completion of audits
- Participation of Toolbox talks, and attend any appropriate training in order to achieve a HSE culture
- Accident reporting
- Collaboration with Area Safety & Environmental Advisor
Education/Qualifications and Training
- Good general education
- IT literate & competent
- Full driving licence.
Relevant Experience / Skills
- Proven ability to perform in a pressured environment
- Enthusiastic personality
- Good team player
- Vehicle valeting experience
- Technical vehicle knowledge