- To deliver sustained and profitable growth in vehicle retail sales through a dynamic branch in collaboration with Refurbishment Supply Chain and Marketing.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Responsible and accountable for the day to day management of the Branch. Ensuring all Van Monster policies, procedures and processes are carried out effectively, and best practices are adopted.
- Development and lead a high performing team to achieve the business targets.
- Establish a robust health, safety and environmental culture with total compliance to regulations.
- Compliance with all FCA regulations.
- Deliver exemplary customer service consistently to all current and potential customers.
- Overall responsibility for all financial payments received and made.
- Overall responsibility for site security.
- Management of stock and reporting including company pricing policies.
- Management of all vehicle movement and stock advertising.
- Management of all Site Company branding and display of marketing material, including vehicle display and preparation.
- Overall Responsibility of CRM, updating incoming leads, converting opportunities into closed and won sales.
- Undertake all duties and tasks as directed by the Head of Sales.
Customer Service / Sales
Ensure all customer experiences are positive and that all customer interactions are handled in a timely and professional manner, delivering the company aim of being the first choice destination for customers in our markets. This includes:
- All general telephone enquiries.
- Making Appointments at first point of contact.
- Generation of own new business.
- Seeing every call through.
Responsible and accountable for all people related activity within the branch, ensuring all employees are provided with the appropriate leadership, management and development. This includes:
- Completion of all Staff performance reviews & development plans and ownership of succession planning at branch level.
- Management of the branch Staff Training.
- Adherence to all HR processes and collaboration with HR on all personnel related issues.
- Management of Staff Absence, disciplinary and grievance process.
- Holidays & absence administration.
- Co-ordination of rotas & shift management.
Branch ownership of asset management including maximisation of vehicles available for sale.
- Maximise the number of vehicles ready for sale.
- Fleet balancing - Ensure the right vehicles by type and number are on site to service the demand.
- Adhering to production repairs instruction.
- Fleet audits.
Sales & Marketing
Work closely with the Marketing team to ensure maximum penetration into the local market. This includes:
- Compliance with FCA Regulations.
- Build strong relationships with Area Sales teams.
- Maintain awareness of competitor and customer activity by utilising local market research, using on site price comparison boards.
- Daily Management of CRM System.
- Lead generation and follow up.
- Support with local advertising, promoting and marketing.
- Support with telephone sales.
- Support with engaging in social media and PR promotions.
Responsible and accountable for the presentation, maintenance and security of the site including:
- Maintenance & repair.
- Health, Safety & environment.
- Retail site presentation and housekeeping standards.
- Signage & use of marketing materials.
Safety, Health & Environment
Work collaboratively with the health & safety advisor to establish a robust health, safety and environmental culture with absolute compliance to regulations including:
- Completion of audits.
- Leadership of Toolbox talks, communication and appropriate training in order to achieve a HSE culture.
- Accident reporting.
- Collaboration with HSE Advisor.
Education/Qualifications and Training
• Must be qualified to a minimum of Grade C in GCSE English and Maths or equivalent.
• Previous training in Sales & Customer Service.
• Highly numerate and literate.
• IT literate & competent.
• Full driving licence. Desirable
• A Recognised qualification in Customer Service.
Relevant Experience / Skills
- Proven leadership skills.
- Previous experience of managing a high performing, customer focused Branch / Depot / Profit Centre.
- Demonstrable experience of driving sales & marketing activity.
- Excellent customer service skills including relationship building.
- Proven ability to perform in a pressured environment.
- Enthusiastic personality.
- Proven ability to develop and manage a team.
- Proven sales experience in Commercial Vehicle Market.